Home Page

StamfordhamPrimary School

‘Learning, Caring and Achieving Together’
‘Learning, Caring and Achieving Together’

Making an SEND complaint

How to complain or appeal if you have an issue with the way the school is supporting your child’s special needs or their EHCP.



There is a specific procedure for general complaints about our school that are not to do with special educational needs. 


If however you are unhappy with something at your child's educational setting and your child has special educational needs or disabilities, the first thing to do is to speak to the teacher, SENCO or class/head teacher.


You can ask a family member, friend or advocate to accompany you.


Miss McKinney (HT and Class 4 teacher) is SENDCo for Stamfordham Primary School. She is responsible for coordinating provision for children with SEND in our school. If you are still unhappy, you should talk to the head teacher.


If you cannot resolve a problem informally, ask for a copy of the school's complaints procedure. By law, schools must have a procedure for parents to complain.


If things do go wrong and can't be solved informally, there are different options. Which route you take depends on what your complaint is about.


As with all communication, please do not hesitate to speak to staff at school, the sooner the better.  Our contact number is: 01661 886358. We always seek to resolve and move forwards with concerns, and will do all that we can, as soon as we are in touch with families.  This principle underlines our approach to working with families, the foundation of which is the important link between home and school.